SOLD Under the Hammer by The Michael Stack Property Team
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 2 Cars
A Romantic Queenslander with Quintessential Charm & Character
This magical home of yesteryear will seduce your senses, individually and luxuriously appointed the home is instantly appealing, your love affair for nostalgia is orchestrated from the moment you drive through the gates; an irresistible curiosity will come over you as you stand in awe of her presence.
Originally constructed in 1909 on the hills of Paddington, the home was relocated to Glenview where she now sits tall and proud on a private, and fully fenced acre framed by a 150 year old Fig Tree that overlooks the hinterlands of the Sunshine Coast.
Features that you will love:
- Traditional 4 bedroom Queenslander, with ensuite & additional guest bathroom
- High ceilings throughout, create a sense of warmth & allow ample natural light to enter the home
- The open plan living room flows perfectly through, from the front doors & out onto the large wrap-around verandahs that take in views of the small manicured acreage + hinterland mountains
- Original polished timber floors flow throughout the home, as do the original tongue & groove walls
- Winters are warmer, with the refurbished approved & compliant wood fireplace located in the family room
- Large French doors bring the outdoors in and give the home a real sense of space, just how a Queenslander was designed to be
- Refurbished kitchen & bathrooms bring a tasteful element of modern architecture into the home that makes the space functional but ties in perfectly with the original 1909 construction
- Relocated to the current site, which was the original Glenview Farm House where under this very Fig Tree the local milkman would leave the bottles of milk for all the locals to collect, if this tree could speak then it would share with you the tears & laughter from the hundreds of children that have climbed it
- The kids will love the new in-ground pool with a water feature set perfectly off the large decks of the home & perfectly positioned so Mum can see you from the kitchen & the living rooms
- Dad will love the large, barn style shed which will accommodate all of his tools & even the pool table in the games room that flows out onto the pool area. This could be renovated & turned into the perfect home office, stand alone granny flat or kept as a lockable garage, endless options
- Water is abundant & flows freely from the underground bore that is ready to drink, water the grounds & keep the pool topped up perfectly
- The 110 year old home sits high on a 3,200sqm. fully fenced & manicured block
- Located only 6km from the Aussie World shopping & entertainment complex
- School buses run daily to & from the front door to all the private & public schools
- Access to the township of Glenview & the surrounding areas of Palmview, Mooloolah, Tanawah and even Sippy Down; amazing communities that will welcome you with open arms
Homes like this rarely come to the market. Why? because homes like this force you to fall in love with them over and over again, they are part of our history, our childhood and what makes a Queenslander who they are today. Take ownership of a real piece of Australian history and make it yours, this canvas is yet to be finished and is ready for you and your family to write its next chapter.
Take the drive and come see for yourself, she will seduce you, have you head over heals in love and have you dreaming of a beautiful future together.
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
2 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.